You’ve got a date. It’s your first date with this someone that you hope will be special. You’re expecting the best and looking your best. But then, something happens that is not the best.
In actuality, it was quite bizarre. And, oh well, now you have another funny dating story to tell and food for thought on why you have attracted this into your life. Reframing these unforgettable moments, I’ve written the following true very short and short stories about my best, worst first dates:
- Classy: Strip Club Date – Tribute to the Sopranos from my days as an Ohio State college student.
- Smooth: Julios – Short story about how this gringa got her Julios mixed up.
- Romantic: Work & Wine – He asked me to review a bad PPT & ordered a bad bottle of wine for us.
- Cute: The Fiancée Called – It was not to invite me to the wedding, but did get to speak to her!
- Special: Menage-a-Waitress – Before we ordered, he gave the waitress his number.
SINGLES HAPPY HOUR: Join me for a FREE singles happy hour to meet new people, share an entertaining story, toast to the future! Happy hour to be held on Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018 from 6-8 at a hot, new spot in SF: Bar Fluxus, 18 Harlan Place, San Francisco. RSVP REQUIRED. **Leave a review for A MINOR DETOUR and be entered into a prize drawing during the happy hour!